Performed by pianist Adam Tendler, each of John Cage's musical compositions presented during this program either shares the title of a painting in Jasper Johns: ‘Something Resembling Truth’ or has a close connection to Johns. These compositions are emblematic of the friendship between Johns and Cage, and how integral each one’s artwork was to the other.
- "Suite for Toy Piano," John Cage
- "The Perilous Night" (prepared piano), John Cage
- "Winter Music," John Cage
- "Music for Piano" 1, 2, 3, John Cage (with Merce Cunningham dance video excerpts “Duet” and “Stillness” from Suite for Five)
- "The Seasons," John Cage
- "In a Landscape," John Cage
Tickets to this program include timed entry tickets for one visit to Jasper Johns: 'Something Resembling Truth' at an alternate date and time of your choosing, subject to availability. Please note that the museum and exhibition close at 5 p.m. on Wednesdays, with the last entry at 4 p.m.