Know Before You Go & FAQ
We’ve added new policies to make your visit even more engaging and safe.
- Masks are strongly recommended indoors.
- Access digital resources during your visit! Bring your headphones, and use our mobile museum guide (no download required) to access all-new content, including family activities, free audio tours, visitor guides and maps, and more!
- Follow visitor policies and directions from The Broad’s staff.
- Stay home if you have a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing and fever or chills, or other COVID-19 symptoms. Visitors displaying COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter. Rebook your visit by emailing email@example.com, calling 213-232-6250, or texting 213-232-6280.
- No large bags / Coat check closed. Please leave backpacks, bags, and other large items larger than 11 x 17 x 8 inches at home or in the car. Visitors with babies should bring baby supplies in a bag no larger than 11 x 17 x 8 inches. Do not carry bags or backpacks on their backs in the galleries.
- No food or beverages permitted inside the museum.
Have a question during your visit? Use our live chat on our website or text us at 213-232-6280. You can also talk to any Visitor Experience Team Member during your visit!
Here’s what else we’re doing to keep you and our staff safe:
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the museum
- Increased cleaning of frequently touched surfaces
- UV light sterilizer for escalator handrails
- Increased cleaning of HVAC system and replacement of air filters to maximize air movement and filtration
- Touchless soap dispensers and automatic door openers for a contactless experience
We’re working hard to make The Broad a place for reflection, reconnection, and inspiration for our community. While you’re here, please follow our visitor policies and be respectful to our staff and other visitors. Verbally abusive, harassing, discriminatory, or threatening statements or behavior toward Broad staff and other visitors is prohibited. The Broad reserves the right to require visitors who do not follow our policies to leave the museum immediately.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. The Broad follows all applicable public health orders and guidance but, by visiting The Broad, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
The Broad is committed to making its collection, exhibitions, building, events, and services accessible to all visitors. The museum is wheelchair accessible, and a limited number of wheelchairs are available free of charge in the lobby on a first come, first served basis. The Broad provides accessible parking on P1 of the museum's parking garage for vehicles displaying valid, state-issued disability parking placards or license plates.
Large-print gallery notes and audio tour transcripts are available free of charge. Ask any Visitor Experience Staff upon arrival.
To enjoy the museum and keep the artworks safe, please respect the following rules:
- Children of all ages are welcome to visit The Broad, however, those under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do not touch the art.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the museum.
- Keep mobile phones and other devices on silent. Talking on mobile phones is limited to non-gallery spaces at the museum.
- Single-wide, standard baby strollers are permitted in the museum, but are not permitted on escalators.
- Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times.
The Broad reserves the right to not allow any bag, parcel, or other item to be brought into the museum, and to deal with any unattended object in such a way as we consider appropriate. The Broad also reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or that could detract from the experience of other visitors.