Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Mirrored Rooms
The Broad is temporarily closed to support efforts to contain the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Join us on Instagram (@thebroadmuseum), Facebook (@thebroadmuseum), and Twitter (@thebroad), and sign up for our newsletter to bring fresh and original content to your inbox every week.
We are wishing you all good health, and hope to see you soon.
How to See Infinity Mirrored Room—The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away
Notice: This installation is a mirror-lined room with flashing LED lights that you physically enter with a door that closes behind you. If you are uncomfortable with flashing lights and/or enclosed, dark spaces, please bypass this experience.
- Obtain an admission ticket (either a free general admission ticket or a special exhibition ticket) by booking online on The Broad’s website, or by joining The Broad’s onsite standby line in the morning (the earlier, the better), and enter the museum. For the best chance to view this Infinity Mirrored Room, make your ticket reservation for a timeslot in the morning or in the very early afternoon.
- Once inside the museum, visit the iPad kiosk in the lobby to join the first-come, first-served virtual queue for The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away. You will need to enter your mobile phone number and first name. You will receive an approximate wait time.
- Enjoy the rest of the museum! You will receive a text message 10 minutes before your turn so that you have time to make your way to The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away.
- Follow the instructions included in the text message and proceed to The Souls of Millions of Light Years Away. Ask any Visitor Services Associate (VSA) for help or directions.
- Check in with the VSA at the room and wait in a short line for your turn. Enjoy!
How to see Longing for Eternity
Notice: This installation is a mirror-lined chamber with flashing LED lights that viewers look into. If you are uncomfortable with flashing lights and/or enclosed, dark spaces, please bypass this experience.
- Longing for Eternity is located on the third floor of The Broad. Ask any VSA for directions to this artwork. Once you have arrived at Longing for Eternity, join the short line to view the artwork, or ask any VSA for help.