NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to U.S. Residents age 18 and over. Employees and agents of The Broad or Flaunt Magazine, and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the contest and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouse, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The Broad as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting November 6, 2017 and ending November 10, 2017. All online entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. on November 10, 2017. Entries for subsequent rounds will be accepted on the same schedule with the last entries received by December 22, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. PT.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by answering the question on The Broad’s Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram posts, either by commenting on the post or posting a photo or video using the hashtag #infiniteLA. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Broad. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Broad.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive two tickets to The Broad’s special exhibition Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors. Value of $50.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The Broad. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at The Broad’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all travel costs, and federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Broad to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Number of Winners: One winner will be selected each week. In the event of a tie, prizes will be awarded to all winners.
7. Entry Criteria: Contestants may enter by either commenting on The Broad’s social media posts or posting on their own Instagram or Twitter account using the hashtag #infinitela. Entries will be judged equally on originality; content; appropriateness to theme; creativity; and clarity of expression (written entries), image (photo and video entries), and/or audio (video entries).
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected under the supervision of The Broad. Winner will be notified by email or direct message via Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram within two days following selection of Winner. The Broad shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at The Broad’s sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, You understand and agree that The Broad, anyone acting on behalf of The Broad, and The Broad licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Broad. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Broad from and against any suit, proceeding, claim, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which The Broad may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Terms & Conditions: The Broad reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Broad’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, The Broad may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Broad. The Broad reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Broad has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, The Broad reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Broad and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Campaign; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: This Campaign is governed by the laws of the United States without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this camapign is The Broad. This Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by; or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.