Reports to: Associate Director of Visitor Services
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt
Date Available: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
About the Position
We want visitors to feel comfortable asking any staff member to answer any question. All visitor services staff at The Broad are cross-trained in three visitor-facing areas: visitor orientation and ticketing, in-gallery experience, and safety and security. From planning itineraries, to sharing knowledge about the collections and architecture, to finding new ways to surprise and delight our visitors every day, you will truly be the face of The Broad.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome all visitors
- Reserve/sell timed general admission, program, and special exhibition tickets
- Facilitate check-in process for all visitors and groups, and assist them in planning their museum experience
- Scan tickets at gallery entrances
- Redirect or suggest alternatives to sold-out experiences
- Become an expert in the Broad collections, the museum building, and its place in the downtown ecosystem
- Ensure easy and efficient visitor flow through the museum
- Enforce security and safety procedures and protocols in all public spaces of the museum
- Complete all required ongoing training, including but not limited to security training, audience engagement and collection training, and visitor orientation and ticketing training
- Be available to answer questions throughout the museum, and enforce gallery rules of conduct when needed
- A passion for people, museums, and contemporary art
- Minimum 1 years experience in a visitor-facing role at a comparable organization
- Experience in hospitality, retail, attractions, or cultural organizations preferred
- High school diploma required; relevant coursework from an accredited college or university strongly preferred
- Foreign language skills strongly preferred
- Knowledge of admissions, POS, and online ticketing systems
- Ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of ethnic, cultural, and economic backgrounds
- Ability to identify and positively resolve visitor issues in the moment; strong decision making skills necessary
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and special events as necessary
- General knowledge of information technology and business software applications; must be highly proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective and persuasive communications skills; able to write and speak clearly and present information to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
Must be able to stand and move around public areas of the museum for extended periods of time (reasonable accommodation will be made for qualified candidates with disabilities).
The museum is open six days a week. Visitor services associates can be scheduled to work up to 25 hours per week depending on their availability and must be available to work weekends.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check, which will include criminal reports as well as verifications of employment and educational records. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Broad is an equal opportunity employer and we aspire to reflect the diversity of Los Angeles in both our staff and visitors. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit associational and perception-based harassment and discrimination based on national origin. The Broad believes that by actively building a workforce of the brightest people from the widest possible range of backgrounds, we can innovate and inspire and engage with the widest possible audience.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest via the below link.
We will only contact candidates selected for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.