Visitor Experience Manager & Director of Visitor Experience
CLASSIFICATION, POSITION TYPE:
Downtown Los Angeles
July 20, 2021
August 2, 2021 (Please submit all your materials by 5 p.m.)
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Broad Visitor Experience team implements a nationally recognized, award-winning, mission-focused, first-class visitor experience program that is consistently rated as outstanding, educational, and one that visitors would recommend to others. The Visitor Experience Lead will work alongside a team of Visitor Experience Team Members to create a visitor-centered environment in all areas of the museum. The VE Lead will assist the Visitor Experience Leadership team in daily operations of the museum, opening and closing procedures, and will act as the first responder in visitor related issues and medical emergencies. VE Leads will manage and oversee operations at ticketing and will ensure efficient visitor flow inside the museum galleries. VE Leads will model exemplary standards of service and leadership, both inside the galleries and outside at ticketing for the VE Team and will regularly oversee and facilitate museum programs, both virtual and in-person such as Art + Story / Art + Rhyme, Family Weekend Workshops, and more. Working closely with the VE Leadership team, VE Leads will strive to provide an optimal, first-class end-to-end visitor experience. This position is full-time, and all VE Leads will work a Wednesday – Sunday schedule in conjunction with current museum operating hours.
- Will lead operations at ticketing, overseeing check-in and lobby procedures
- Will monitor the galleries, overseeing VE and Gallery Attendant staff, engaging with visitors, answering questions, assist with wayfinding, etc.
- Will assist the Visitor Experience leadership team in daily operations, including managing break schedules, reassigning, and adjusting coverage as needed, and helping the VE team prepare for upcoming exhibitions
- Will serve as onsite supervisor during closing procedures, responsible for closing the museum independently
- Will resolve visitor related issues with discretion and professionalism, and at times may act as the first responder for visitor related issues and medical emergencies
- Will be the main contact for any technical issues to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Will monitor the break schedule, ensuring that all team members leave and return on time
- Will be knowledgeable on the museum in general, including current and upcoming exhibitions, programming, events, and able to answer all visitor inquiries
- Will assist in training new team members including editing and expanding the current Litmos content, updating existing policies and procedures as needed, and developing training for new and current staff
- Will facilitate training sessions along with the Visitor Experience leadership team
- Will prepare for and lead virtual Art + Story/Rhyme sessions, acting as facilitator, moderator, and/or camera person
- Will assist with set-up and facilitation of virtual and in-person programs as needed
- Will answer phone, chat, and email inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a history of exemplary work attendance, with no record of time and attendance problems
- Must have fully open availability, including both Saturday and Sunday
- Must have demonstrated exemplary work performance and professionalism at all times
- Must act as an example of an outstanding member of the Visitor Experience team and mentor for new and current team members
- Must have a strong visitor focus, and have demonstrated professionalism in all visitor interactions
- Must have clear written and verbal communication
- Previous cash handling and phone experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR MUSEUM STAFF
- Approach work with integrity and honesty
- Support and demonstrate the museum’s culture of developing a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment for staff and visitors
- Demonstrate and practice sensitivity to all elements of diversity in the museum with staff, visitors, and all programs and services the museum provides
- Demonstrate respectful treatment of all staff and visitors
- Adhere to all safety measures and guidelines
- Ability to wear a mask during your scheduled work shifts
- Ability to adhere to a health screen in compliance with health and safety guidelines as outlined by LA County Department of Public Health
- Must adhere to COVID-19 policies and procedures
The VE Lead will work a Wednesday through Sunday work schedule in conjunction with current museum hours of operation. The work schedule for this position regularly requires evening and weekend hours.
Competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, and comprehensive 401k retirement savings plan.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Broad is an equal opportunity employer, and we aspire to reflect the diversity of Los Angeles in both our staff and our visitors. It is the practice of The Broad to offer equal opportunity consistent with applicable federal and state law in all aspects of employment. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, medical condition (as defined by California law and including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), actual or perceived), genetic information, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, having filed a discrimination complaint or any other status protected by applicable law. The Broad believes that by actively building a diverse workforce we can innovate, inspire, and engage with the widest possible audience.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates with disabilities in accordance with the ADA, the ADAAA and other appliable law.