Reports to: Human Resources Director, FOFS and Deputy Director, The Broad
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Date Available: Immediately
About the Position
The human resources manager works closely with the museum’s deputy director and its hiring managers to ensure optimal staffing levels, recruiting talented individuals who can contribute to the museum’s high-performance culture, and managing a comprehensive human resources plan. While primarily serving the needs of the museum, the human resources manager is an employee of Family Office Financial Services, LLC (“FOFS”), and part of a 4-person HR team.
Responsibilities for The Broad
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding efforts for all positions, working closely with hiring managers; primary focus will be recruiting all part-time staff, on average 8 to 10 positions per month
- Manage employee relations, employee grievances and enforce compliance with labor laws through positive and professional mediation; work with the director of human resources in workplace investigations, disciplinary and termination procedures
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures that uphold the museum’s culture and mission in coordination deputy director and director of human resources
- Manage an effective employee review process coordinating with the deputy director and director of human resources
- Responsible for tracking all ACA employment status for part-time staff, processing insurance enrollment/termination of coverage, and working with our payroll vendor to ensure accurate ACA 1095 forms and submitting all required EEOC reporting
- Responsible for managing leave of absences and workers compensation program/claims for the museum
- Maintain business relationships with HR vendors (i.e. Payday, Vanguard, insurance broker, benefit carriers, Cal Chambers etc.)
- Participate in staff meetings and attend other meetings, as required
- Maintain organizational charts and employee directory
Responsibilities for Family Office Financial Services, LLC
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with members of the FOFS HR team to support functions such as payroll, benefits, 401k, workers comp, new hire and terminating employee administration, leaves of absence and compliance activities
- Oversee compliance for all mandated employee trainings, research vendors providing recommendations to deputy director and director of human resources and implement training
- Develop compensation statements for all entities each year
- Assist director of human resources with required benefit reporting for all entities
Our ideal candidate will be skilled in managing compensation, benefits, recognition, training, performance management, and employee relations in a manner that retains staff members long-term. We are proud of the diversity in our workforce, and our human resources manager is tasked with ensuring that our museum’s culture welcomes a diverse population and supports each person in achieving career goals within the organization. The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial relations, business management or related field; PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification preferred in addition to Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of professional level human resources experience is required, including at least 3 years in a human resources generalist capacity
- Ability to work with a high sense of urgency and strong time management skills to be able to execute tasks efficiently with strong follow-through
- Commitment to recruiting top talent, and providing staff members with an exceptional work experience
- A strong knowledge of California, Federal, and local employment laws including but not limited to ADA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, COBRA, wage and hour law, and regulations relevant to HR administration
- Strong technology skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, HR Software (knowledge of PayDay a plus), Web-based payroll, etc.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and high level of integrity
- Hands-on attitude, problem solver, analytical thinker
- Driven, results-oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment
- A high degree of flexibility, dedication, resourcefulness, energy, positivity, and creativity
- Ability to handle confidential information with care and discretion
- Museum experience and/or knowledge of the contemporary art world is a plus, but not required
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check, which will include a full credit and criminal report as well as verifications of employment and educational records. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The position will primarily be based at The Broad, located in downtown Los Angeles and works out of the Family Office Financial Services, LLC’s Century City area of Los Angeles.
The appointee’s compensation package will be based on experience. FOFS offers excellent benefits including a variety of health plans and 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Broad is an equal opportunity employer and we aspire to reflect the diversity of Los Angeles in both our staff and visitors. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit associational and perception-based harassment and discrimination based on national origin. The Broad believes that by actively building a workforce of the brightest people from the widest possible range of backgrounds, we can innovate and inspire and engage with the widest possible audience.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest via the below link.
We will only contact candidates selected for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.