Marketing and Social Media Manager
CLASSIFICATION, POSITION TYPE:
Non-Exempt, Temporary Part-Time (25 hours - 28 hours each week)
Downtown Los Angeles and remotely
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT:
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Broad is seeking a talented Content Marketing Specialist (CMS) to produce and distribute content and generate engagement and excitement across a variety of channels. The Content Marketing Specialist, reporting to the Marketing and Social Media Manager (MSMM), will be responsible for developing and distributing content in the form of email campaigns, video, infographics, marketing collateral, and other web content. The CMS will use their strong written communication skills and design sensibility, as well as their proven cross-team collaboration and excellent interpersonal skills to plan, edit, and proofread content to support The Broad’s voice and brand, and help ensure our brand voice is consistent across all channels. Proficiency with Sprout Social or Hootsuite, or a similar marketing tool, is key to the success of the CMS who will also produce and analyze digital marketing reports that review the performance of our content activities and strategy. Additionally, the CMS will provide support to the management of The Shop, The Broad’s retail store, on both their Instagram and Pinterest accounts.
- Social Media
- Content Creation:
- Write, proof, and schedule posts for The Broad's organic and paid social media;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and contractors to produce compelling content (e.g. graphics, short-form video, animation, photography).
- Monitoring and Engagement:
- Stay informed on trends and brand mentions;
- Monitor comments, DMs, and mentions of brand and collection artists;
- Engage with The Broad's community on social and respond to questions with support from the Visitor Experience team to reply/engage appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Support management of The Shop at The Broad's Instagram and Pinterest.
- Content Creation:
- Write, design, test, and schedule emails for The Broad, including triggered email campaigns.
- Support production of The Shop at The Broad's emails.
- Build, edit, and update webpages in Drupal to promote initiatives, events, and programming.
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Social Media Manager, the CMS will assist with the creative development and project management of digital and printed materials (e.g. general information brochure, educational one-sheets for youth programs, event flyers).
- Develop and manage the content calendar for social media, email, and web.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing and Social Media Manager to ensure all digital marketing strategically integrates and complements all other brand marketing, and that all digital marketing materials, visuals, and graphics are brand compliant.
- Data Analytics and Reporting
- Produce monthly KPI reports for digital content (i.e. social, email, web, and online programs) using Google Analytics, Sprout Social, and similar tools to assess and refine content performance and engagement with all audiences.
- Deliver bi-weekly trend reports to stay up-to-date on new tools and best practices, as well as art world and museum industry news.
- Collect, organize, and archive content, including video and photographs.
- Fulfill requests for photography and video.
- Work with external vendors to provide brand and graphic support, and support execution and monitoring of new digital marketing strategies.
The CMS will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following areas: Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Art History, or other closely related field preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in a marketing, advertising, communications, and/or social media role
- Demonstrated portfolio of work is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, creatively troubleshoot, work independently, and effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess the ability to interact with ease within all levels of the organization as well as external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Sophisticated visual and writing aesthetic appropriate to a high-profile art museum.
- Aptitude with data and technology platforms.
- Previous experience working, interning, or volunteering in an art museum or other type of museum and/or knowledge of contemporary art helpful.
- Ability to work flexible hours on occasion to support team/museum priorities, needs, and events.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Proficiency in:
- AP and/or Chicago Manual of Style;
- Google Analytics;
- Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop);
- Email service providers (e.g. Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, and Mailchimp);
- Social media scheduling and analytics platforms (e.g. Sprout Social and Hootsuite);
- Online project management platforms (e.g. Asana).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR MUSEUM STAFF
- Approach work with integrity and honesty.
- Support and demonstrate the museum’s culture of developing a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment for staff and visitors.
- Demonstrate and practice cultural awareness/sensitivity to all programs and services the museum provides.
- Adhere to all safety measures and guidelines.
- Ability to wear a mask during your scheduled work shifts.
- Ability to adhere to a health screen in compliance with health and safety guidelines as outlined by LA County Department of Public Health.
- Must adhere to COVID-19 policies and procedures.
The Content Marketing Specialist (CMS) position is a part-time position and will be scheduled to work 25-28 hours each week. The CMS must have the ability to work flexible hours on occasion to support team/museum priorities, needs, and events
Competitive and commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for medical and vision benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Broad is an equal opportunity employer, and we aspire to reflect the diversity of Los Angeles in both our staff and our visitors. It is the practice of The Broad to offer equal opportunity consistent with applicable federal and state law in all aspects of employment. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, medical condition (as defined by California law and including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), actual or perceived), genetic information, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, having filed a discrimination complaint or any other status protected by applicable law. The Broad believes that by actively building a diverse workforce we can innovate, inspire, and engage with the widest possible audience.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates with disabilities in accordance with the ADA, the ADAAA and other appliable law.